It's been awhile

 It's been awhile since I've posted anything mainly because with the resurgence of the economy, and the construction industry, I have been very busy at work, and haven't had much time to do anything for myself. The picture above is a 16" inch  diameter salad bowl that I made this last Easter for our friends. Like I said I haven't had a lot of time to make anything for myself, but if it is for special friends I seem to find the time. (Click on picture to see an enlarged view.)
 This picture is of the opposite side of the same bowl. I finished the bowl with mineral oil, which is non toxic, and food safe. The wood is maple. It is 6" inches deep, and will hold a lot of salad.
 The picture above is of a maple burl I turned about a year ago. It is 15" inches in diameter, and 2" inches thick.
Pictured here is a young man, who wanted me to turn a prototype wooden baseball bat for his High School science class. Seeing myself standing next to this lad makes me feel really old. By the way, he got an A. Yay!

Comments